Having a basic cloud backup process in place doesn't necessarily cover all the bases in ensuring an effective business recovery. This is because, while the plan backups up your files and folder to cloud, it does not backup the operating system, system settings, or the applications. The traditional data recovery plan fails to consider the hardware damages or software failures that may be caused during a natural disaster and hence doesn't support complete data recovery.
A truly reliable and efficient business recovery plan would mean being able to restore entire systems without having to individually reinstall and reconfigure every software and application. Sounds like a lot? Well, you can do all that and more with IDrive cloud backup!
IDrive's 'Disk Image Backup' feature lets you create 'image' files of hard drives that retain the structure of the content and information. This includes everything from files and folders to operating system files, systems settings, programs, and application configurations. So, with a disk image of your computer's drives, you can restore the system in its entirety straight from cloud backup without any additional hardware or software!
Further, IDrive's 'Disk Image Backup' feature adds value to your business recovery plan with a few practical advantages:
- Cross-platform compatible - You can access the IDrive disk images on any computer without being restricted by the OS of the computer. This means that you can access the IDrive disk image of your Mac or PC on any PC, Mac, and Linux machine.
- Storage-optimized - IDrive disk images store data in a compressed format and therefore occupy far lesser space when compared with the original disk size.
That's not all! IDrive offers a host of data protection features that are very beneficial to your business.
IDrive online backup features for effective business recovery
- IDrive® Snapshots - IDrive's snapshots-based restore offers a historical view of all your cloud backups and allows you to retrieve up to 30 latest versions of these files through recovery points.
- Server Cloud Backup - Effortlessly backup running servers such as MS SQL Server, MS SharePoint Server, MS Exchange Server, Oracle Server, Hyper-V, Office 365 Mailbox, VMware, and Linux Servers.
- IDrive Express™ - Backup or retrieve large volumes of data to or from your IDrive online backup account within a week by shipping the data in a temporary storage device.
- Continuous Data Protection - IDrive's real-time data protection feature leverages the Continuous Data Protection technology to identify and backup modifications, within 500 MB in size, made to your local and cloud backup set.
- Incremental Backup - IDrive optimizes your cloud backup space and network usage by following up the initial full backup with backups of only the modified parts of your files and folders.
- Security and Privacy - IDrive secures your data during online backup and local and cloud storage with 256-bit AES encryption and gives you the option to take full charge of your data privacy with a user-defined Private Key that is not saved anywhere on the servers.
- Manage Computers - Manage the online backups of all your computers, restores, and IDrive application settings from any computer via the web-based console.
Get the complete data protection. Sign up with IDrive online backup!
Best defense against ransomware
Historical view of your data to perform point-in-time recovery; restore up to 30 file versions.
Manage backups of all your remote computers
Push changes to backup sets, settings to all devices in near real time response.
IDrive® Server Backup
Protect your business critical data
Cloud based server backup and bare metal recovery solution for your business.
Here's what the experts say:
You won't find a better overall online backup service than the full-featured IDrive, especially for the price.
Support for the majority of common server applications. Free backup seeding service. Excellent security.
IDrive's versatile and easy-to-use platform is packed with features and different ways to back up, store and recover your company's data, which is why we named it our best pick for small businesses.
IDrive is best for anyone who has multiple machines to back up.
Online backup for the person who wants everything; Backup, storage, sharing, local backup... IDrive does just about everything.
IDrive Express is a common-sense solution to time-consuming backups.
All of the data is encrypted client-side using 256-bit AES encryption with an optional private key, unusual security feature for syncing services.